Hello little Nerds! Today you will find out some nerdy facts, which you probably didn‘t know about famous movie screens.
1. One of the most expensive movies of all time is Avatar (2009) with budget of $280 million. What Avatar actually means is “incarnation” in Sanskrit.
2. The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009) is the one to hit $100 million fastest.
3. Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966) is the most expensive black-and-white movie of all time. It’s budget of $7,5 million was mostly for the salaries of the main stars (Richard Burton and Liz Taylor).
4. The machine from Contact (1997) was designed firstly for Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).
5. A technology called “Satellite tracking system” was created for the Beverly Hills Cop (1984) movie. Years later it was really invented. It known as GPS.
6. Samuel L. Jackson gave his permission to Marvel to base Nick Fury’s character on him. Who else could play him better in Marvel’s Cinematic Universe than the Samuel himself?
7. Tom Hanks was just 1 inch away of becoming astronaut in real life. The maximum allowed height is 6 feet. At least he played one in Apollo 13 (1995).
8. Sigourney Weaver’s character (Ripley) in Alien (1979) was supposed to be played by man at first. The change was made, because the audience at that time wouldn’t expect the only one who survived is a female.
9. Do you know what J.A.R.V.I.S. is? This is the Iron Man’s computer and the full name is: Just A Rather Very Intelligent System”.
10. Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid $15 million for the second Terminator film. He had a total of 700 words of dialogue, which meant he was paid $21,429 per word. He had 700 words dialogue. The words “Hasta la vista, baby” brought him $85,716.
11. Daniel Radcliffe was “allergic” to his Harry Potter glasses.
12. The only actor who played the Hulk incarnated character from first series in 1978 to the Avengers nowadays is Lou Ferrigno.
13. Titanic (1997) with a $200 million budget actually costs more than the ship itself. At the time of construction (1910-1912) its cost was $7.5 million. With the inflation calculated and compared to 1997 it cost would be around $125 million.
14. Sigourney Weaver actually makes that 10 in the scene where playing basketball. Maybe she really has some alien superpower, don’t you think?
15. Spider-Man had 47 lines of dialogue in Captain America: Civil War (2016) which is more than the 43 lines of dialog Superman had in Batman v Superman: Down of Justice (2016).
That’s all folks! …for now 🙂