Even though there are international promotional updates on the highly anticipated by fans over-ambitious adaptation of ‘Warcraft’ (based on the popular video game series) directed by Duncan Jones we pay special attention to the first US teaser.
While watching the spot again, I remembered that director Duncan Jones is a son of the great David Bowie, who died recently. Definitely, it’s not easy for Jones to focus on his work at the moment.
Otherwise, my hopes were that the special effects will be better, because they weren’t really great in the last trailer , but I fail to notice any significant difference. We’ll see, maybe they are throwing their efforts to complete the second full trailer, which is expected soon.I rely on it to convince me that the movie will not be totally disappointing.
The peaceful world of Azeroth is on the brink of war when its civilization is facing an invasion of furious conquerors: Orc warriors fleeing from perishing home to colonize a new one. When the portal that connects the two worlds is opened , the one army is threatened by defeat, the other – by extermination. Two characters from the two sides clash, which will decide the fate of families, nations and their lands.
Director, writers and cast:
Director of ‘Warcraft: The Beginning’ is Duncan Jones ( ‘Moon’, ‘Source code’), writers are Jones and Charles Leavitt and credited cast: Travis Fimmel, Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Ben Foster, Paula Patton, Robert Kazinsky, Daniel Wu, Clancy Brown, Ryan Robbins, Ruth Negash, Daniel Cudmore Ben Schnetzer and others.
Do you know?
- Warcraft was going to be on theaters in December 2015, but the release was pushed back to May 2016 to avoid the opening week of Star Wars The Force Awakens.
- The complete filming took 123 days.
- The Orcish language was created for the movie.
- At one point Johnny Depp was interested to be part of the cast and Sam Raimi was set to direct.
- Blizzard announced a Warcraft movie back in 2006, it is taking 10 years to be released.