Dinosaurs have a lot of fans and these majestic beasts are a reason for many questions. What they looked like in reality? Did they really were so big? How scary Tyrannosaurus Rex was? These questions excite young and old. So I decided that this lazy Sunday is perfect for several interesting facts and answers about dinosaurs.
1. Most dinosaurs are recognized by just one tooth or bone.
2. One of the smallest dinosaur discovered was with the size of a chicken and ate insects. Its name is Albertonykus borealis.
3. The oldest discovered “toilet” in the world belonged to dinosaurs lived 240 million years ago. Yes, they may have been brutal, but they pooped culturally.
4. The sounds that the dinosaur in “Jurassic Park” make are actually recorded sounds of turtles during intercourse.
5. The smallest dinosaur was 10 cm tall. And weighed less than Chihuahuas. The dinosaur “would have looked like a roadrunner on steroids,” said Luis Chiappe, a director at the Dinosaur Institute of the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County where the fossil bones are stored. You can see him in the picture bellow.
6. The return of extinct species is scientifically possible. Several extinct viruses have already been recovered, including the virus “Spanish flu” from 1918.
7. If the entire Earth history must fit in 24 hours : Life would appear at 4am, terrestrial plants would occur at 10:24 pm, The dinosaurs would disappear at 11:41 pm, and the history of mankind would begin at 23:58:43 pm.
8. 40% of Americans believe that humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time.
9. Despite the title, most of the dinosaurs in the movie “Jurassic Park” lived during the Cretaceous period.
10. The word “dinosaur” comes from Greek and means “creepy lizard.”
11. There is a limestone cliff with approximately 5000 dinosaur steps on it in Bolivia, many of them are more than 68 million years old. The rock was closed off to tourists after erosion and mining conditions began damaging the area.